“And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry...” –Ephesians 4:11-12
Every believer is called to do the work of ministry, but leaders must also be able to equip others for the work of ministry. Growing in leadership means growing in responsibility to serve others through discovering their unique potential, developing it, and deploying it for ministry.
Volunteers serve on a ministry team and are the frontlines of ministry and ministry support. They provide constructive feedback to leaders.
Leaders guide a group of volunteers, students, Bible study participants, group members, etc. They teach and lead others to align and execute ministry strategy to accomplish mission and vision. They provide prayer and general care for those in their group and provide constructive feedback to directors.
Directors lead an entire area of ministry. They design or align strategy for their specific ministry area to accomplish mission and vision. They provide prayer and general care for leaders and recruit potential leaders. They develop leaders in their ministry area on specific competencies and provide constructive feedback to TVC’s executive directors and elders.
Here are a few ways we go about discovering, developing, and deploying transformational leaders:
- Domain Workshop – Discover your identity, belonging, and purpose
- Life Plan – Gain perspective on your story, talents, and passions to intentionally live a life of great meaning
- Leadership Podcast – A show about loving God and leading with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength
- Leadership Forum – An annual forum to equip leaders navigating spiritual and cultural challenges
- Transformational Leadership Community – A nine-month program designed to develop leaders in heart, mind, strength, and soul
- All of our resources, workshops, forums, and programs focus on sending leaders into their homes, communities, workplaces, and the church in order to make disciples and fulfill each person's unique purpose.