Congratulations! We are so excited to serve you during the process of marriage preparation. We offer premarital mentoring and have ministers and pastors available to officiate your wedding.
Though the culture has evolving definitions of marriage, we believe that it is God alone who has the ultimate authority to prescribe and describe the marital relationship (Gen. 2:24; Matt. 19:1–9; Mark 10:1–12). Because of this understanding, we will
only recognize marriages that meet the biblical definition: a covenant relationship between one gender-normative man and one gender-normative woman. The pastors, ministers and staff of The Village will only participate in weddings and officiate marriages that meet this definition.
Request a Pastor
If you want a pastor from The Village to officiate your wedding, the couple must complete a premarital mentoring course. To apply, please complete the Wedding Application form. You cannot schedule a pastor from The Village to officiate your ceremony more than 1 year ahead of time and must request one no later than 5 months from your wedding date.
A godly marriage involves the purposeful effort of two people moving toward a healthy union with each other and with Christ. We encourage pre-engaged and engaged couples to enter into relationships that include both individual and couple-focused reflection and growth. We encourage your preparation for marriage to be supported in three possible environments:
- Mentoring relationship with a wise, experienced couple
- Multigenerational group relationship
- Professional counseling relationship
We believe these avenues can equip future husbands and wives to build thriving marriages that show God’s goodness.
Register for premarital mentoring
- Register online at least six months before your wedding date.
- We will assign you a marriage mentor couple. We ask that couples meet with their marriage mentors at least six times.
- We are currently using the curriculum from Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts by Les and Leslie Parrott. Upon registration confirmation, you will receive an additional email with a link for a $75 fee. This will cover all of your resources and assessment.
As our desire to serve and assist you in times of loss, we make our facilities available for funerals, but availability is limited. Only certain days and times of the week are open, and those times often change week to week. If you want to check availability
and pricing or if you need a pastor from The Village to conduct a memorial service, please contact our Care Department.